CLOSE X
Advertisement

Five injured in flat fire in Durban

Kwazulu Natal

Durban -

Five people were treated for smoke inhalation after a flat in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, caught alight on Monday morning, paramedics said.

Share this story

“Two 16-year-old girls were transported to hospital while three others were treated on scene for smoke inhalation at a flat fire in St George's Street, Durban,” Netcare 911 spokesman Chris Botha said.

One of the 16-year-old girls jumped from the second floor and landed on the roof of a parking area.

“Paramedics climbed onto the roof and after stabilising her on a specialised stretcher they transported the patient and another patient to hospital,” said Botha.

Three elderly people were also treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire would be investigated. - Sapa

Share this story
Advertisement
X