Biggest Fashion Sale Of The Year! Shop 12 000 Up To 70% OFF!
Dominique Strauss-Kahn's wife Anne Sinclair indirectly confirmed Friday that she had separated from the former IMF chief engulfed in an ongoing sex scandal.
She was asked in a newspaper interview how her personal life was going “since your separation from Dominique Strauss-Kahn”, and replied that she was doing very well.
“I'm in good form, I've been on holiday, I'm working hard, I'm focusing on the American elections,” Sinclair, a journalist who currently heads the French edition of the Huffington Post news website, told Le Parisien daily.
A source close to Strauss-Kahn said last month that the high-profile French couple, both 63 years old, had split but neither party had confirmed this.
They said in June that they would sue French celebrity magazine Closer for invading their privacy with a story claiming they had separated.
Sinclair had stood by Strauss-Kahn throughout a series of sex scandals that saw him resign from the International Monetary Fund and dashed his hopes of making a bid for the French presidency.
His career collapsed after his arrest last year on accusations he sexually assaulted a New York hotel maid.
The charges were eventually dropped but Strauss-Kahn has since faced a series of criminal and civil actions in connection with alleged sex crimes.
The hotel maid, Nafissatou Diallo, has launched a civil suit against Strauss-Kahn in New York seeking unspecified damages, while he has in turn filed a countersuit for malicious prosecution and defamation.
In France, Strauss-Kahn, two businessmen and a police chief were in March charged with “aggravated pimping in an organised gang” for allegedly organising a prostitution ring for orgies in France, the United States and elsewhere.
French prosecutors have also opened a preliminary investigation into accusations he took part in a gang rape in the United States.
Strauss-Kahn denies committing criminal acts in both cases. - Sapa-AFP