Harris faces new allegations of abuseComment on this story
Australia-born TV entertainer Rolf Harris faces new allegations of sex abuse after being convicted of a string of indecent assaults on teenage girls.
Lawyer Richard Scorer said on Tuesday his firm has received up to a dozen new complaints against the celebrity broadcaster and entertainer. London police say they are investigating “a number of new allegations” against the 84-year-old Harris.
He was convicted earlier this week of 12 indecent assaults, which happened from the 1960s to the 1980s. Most of the victims, including one of his daughter's close friends, were minors at the time.
Harris is set to be sentenced on Friday. He has been told to expect a prison sentence.
He was long a prominent figure on British and Australian children's TV shows. - Sapa-AP