Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour 2014

at the Union Buildings in Pretoria

Hazard escapes extended ban

Comment on this story


IOL pic feb1 chelsea eden hazard

Reuters

(File image) Chelsea's Eden Hazard (right) gets sent off during their English League Cup semi-final second leg soccer match against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium.

London - Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard's three-match ban for kicking a ballboy will not be extended, the Football Association (FA) said on Thursday.

Hazard was charged by the FA following his bizarre sending off for violent conduct in the second leg of Chelsea's Capital One (League) Cup semi-final defeat by Swansea City last week.

The Belgian international kicked the teenager while trying to get the ball as the ballboy laid on top of it.

Hazard received an automatic three-match ban for his 78th-minute red card but faced the possibility of a longer suspension.

“Following a hearing earlier today, an independent regulatory commission was of the opinion the existing three-match sanction for this offence was sufficient,” the FA said in a statement. - Reuters


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory