Orlando Pirates star striker Lehlohonolo Majoro has been slapped with a R1.8 million breach of contract lawsuit by his former agent.
But just two days after he was served, the star striker appeared unfazed by the latest developments to his controversial transfer to Pirates on Saturday, dribbling his way past opponents and scoring two goals to secure his team’s 3-1 win against Bidvest Wits.
When Majoro signed up with Pirates earlier this year, his agent, Tim Sukazi, cried foul, saying the striker had breached their contractual agreements by signing up with a new club without consulting him.
Sukazi was also aggrieved that at the time Majoro sealed the deal with Pirates, he was in the process of negotiating the footballer’s transfer from Kaizer Chiefs to Supersport United – a R15 890 000 four-year contract.
Now Sukazi wants his slice of the cake, saying he’s entitled to R1 589 000 – the 10 percent commission he would have earned in terms of the multi-million-rand Supersport deal that fell by the wayside.
In papers filed in the South Gauteng High Court just two days after Majoro’s 28th birthday last Tuesday, Sukazi is also claiming R225 000 he says he lent Majoro last November, placing his total claim against the star at R1 814 000.
Sukazi’s company, Quality Talent Sports, claims its marriage with Majoro was sealed on August 12, 2010, giving them the rights to oversee everything to do with his career, including endorsements and job offers.
Sukazi was to get a 10 percent cut of the gross annual remuneration Majoro was to get from any deals he signed, or 10 percent from transfer fees.
A contract terminated in August 2012 was attached to court papers, but Sukazi is claiming that they entered into a verbal agreement with the star last January, on the same terms as the written agreement.
But to his shock, Majoro repudiated their agreement.
He also wants Majoro to pay a 15.5 percent interest fee and the costs of the suit.
When contacted, all Majoro would say was: “Eish, I don’t wanna say niks (nothing) about that. Please call Pirates.”
Orlando Pirates spokesman Mickey Modisane said: “It’s the first time I hear of this.” - The Star