Gauteng Gig Guide - July 11, 2104Comment on this story
• DJ Ossewa at Rafters, cnr Garsfontein Drive and Blesbok St, Pretoria East (opposite Mooikloof Estate). 8pm. R100. Cash bar and restaurant and children welcome. Tel: 082 600 3469.
• Jonathan Payper and Juggernaut at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas Rd and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8.30pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• Satanic Dagga Orgy, Boxer, Go Barefoot and Tidal Waves at Bohemian Lounge, 167 Perth Rd, Westdene. 7.30pm. R10. E-mail: beverly [email protected]
• Toy Toy features Lady M, G-Force, Andi Dill and Fabio on the decks at And, 36 Stiemens St,, Braamfontein. R30 before 10pm otherwise R60. Tel: 011 447 7996.
• Robbie Wessels at Firkin Pub, cnr Hendrik Verwoerd and Embankment Drives, Centurion. 9pm. Free. Tel: 012 663 4213.
• Music on Milner at Meet on Milner, cr Long Ave and Milner St, Waterkloof, Pretoria. 7pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 083 627 8172 or e-mail [email protected]
• The Liesel Marshall Band and The Flo Band at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas Rd and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8.30pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• Deep Town Presents Sound Sensible, Nuno Estevez, Retro Ticket, Ric Norte and Lady M at Town Hall, 66 Carr St, Newtown. 8pm. R100. Tel: 082 332 5772.
• Heart of Music: Rumours Birthday Bash with Cutting Jade, Poverty of Ideals, Juggernaught, Made for Broadway, Bought by Blood and many more at Rumours Lounge, Shop 20 Palm Court Cornelius Street, Weltevreden Park. 7pm. R50. Tel: 082 208 0324.
• Mozamboogy Warm Up Party with Manifesto, Thalia, Boogy Monsta, Craig P vs PsyCharms, Sebotage, Digital Dream and many more at Arcade Empire, 265 The Highway St, Equestria, Pretoria East. 3pm. R50. Tel: 087 980 3531.
• The Full Monty at The Doors Nightclub, 19 van Riebeeck Ave, Edenvale. The Doors DJs will perform the full monty on stage. Admission TBA. 9pm. Tel: 011 453 7673.
• One Night in Moscow at Kong, 160 Jan Smuts Ave, Rosebank. Crazy White Boy will be on the decks. 10pm. R150. E-mail: [email protected] Tel: 011 447 0993.
• Shapeshifters with Q-Clone, Senjo, Concept Engine, Spitt, Zero One and Unitsixx at Zeplins Rock Shack, cnr John Vorster and Lenchen North sts, Centurion. 9pm. R50. E-mail: [email protected]
• Verazz and Bloue Klip at Firkin Pub, cnr Hendrik Verwoerd and Embankment drives, Centurion. 9pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 012 663 4213.
• Sunday Unplugged Sessions: Die See and The Barbosa Experience at Tings an’ Times,Shop No 36, Waterglen Centre, cnr January Masilela (General Louis Botha) and Garsfontein rds, Waterglen. Free, but reservations essential. Tel: 012 993 0234.
• Truth Presents Nelson, G-Force and Dirty Herz at Old Pretoria Rd, Midrand. 9pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 011 315 9295.
• Sunday Skyline Sessions. ON the line-up are Nick Essential, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, 2Lani the Warrior and Whitey D’Vine and many more at Randlords, 22nd Floor, South Point Towers, 41 De Korte St, Braamfontein. 1pm. R150. Tel: 011 489 1930.
• Sundays in the Living Room with Chris Palmer, Toby One and Sebotage at The Living Room, Kruger St, Maboneng. 1pm. R50. Tel: 061 402 2843.
• Live music at Capeesh?, cnr Middle and Fehrsen sts, Brooklyn. 7pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 012 346 1932 or 087 151 4733.
• The Pirates at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas Rd and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8.30pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• Philip Moolman at Casa Toscana, 5 Darlington Rd, Lynnwood Manor, Pretoria East. 6.30pm. Tel: 012 348 8820 or bookings@ casatoscana.co.za.
• Glen Hartman and Stuart Reece at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas Rd and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8.30pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• Reggae with Jah-Seed and Admiral at Bassline, 10 Henry Nxumalo St, Newtown Arts Precinct. R100. 9pm. R100. Tel: 011 838 9145/6.
• To be featured in Gig Guide, please e-mail details, with “gig guide” as the subject, to [email protected] or munyaradzi.vomo@inl. co.za by Tuesday.
GIG OF THE WEEK
Home of Jazz, Braamfontein (Tomorrow)
NOT many South African women wear many creative hats the way Tu Nokwe does. She may be a very talented actress (Shaka Zulu, The Red Scorpion), but she’s also a seasoned musician.
Nokwe sings, plays the guitar, composes her songs and, when time permits, teaches music.
With all these talents it is obvious we will have a memorable time at the Home Of Jazz (81 de Korte Street, Braamfontein) when she takes to the stage.
Music is about expression and so is acting. If you get the rare opportunity to see someone who is gifted in both of these arts you will experience authentic offerings.
Other singers often just stand in front of you on the stage and sing almost like zombies, but as someone who knows how to express herself, and given that she writes her own music, Nokwe personifies her lyrics and takes you to where she was when she wrote a given song.
Be at the Home Of Jazz tomorrow and see a talented woman transform a stage into an arena of unforgettable music. – Munya Vomo
• The admission fee is R100 and the event starts at 8.30pm.
Tel: 011 339 6645.