Get a child in need a pair of shoes for free
AFTER the great success of The Zee Heroes and Mamta Sharma and The Zee Stars Live in Concert, Showtime Promotions brings a fresh show to Durban and Joburg this week.
The Dynamic TV Stars with the Bollywood Showband will feature Pavitra Rishta’s Arjun (Rithvik Dhanjani) and Purvi (Asha Negi) who will be gracing our shores along with Afsar Bitiya’s Pintu Singh (Kinshuk Mahajan) and Rab Se Sona Ishq’s Ranveer (Ashish Sharma).
The two-city tour is set to take place in Durban on Friday at the Durban City Hall and in Joburg on Sunday at Carnival City, Big Top Arena, at 8pm and 5.30pm respectively.
The concert will also showcase South African talent, with music by the Bollywood Showband and vocalists such as Imran Aslam, Jaani Punjab and Vandana Naran. Child singer, Lil Champs’ Abhigyan Das, will also be on stage.
The Bollywood Showband, one of Durban’s leading bands, has worked with local and international singers. They are an upbeat and modern showband that can entertain the young and the old.
Managed by Dave Dipooa, in this show the band will entertain the audience with songs from hit films such as Son of Sardaar, Jab Thak Hain Jaan, Ishq in Paris, Student of the Year and Oh My God!
Here’s a brief breakdown of some of the stars you’ll see on stage:
• Rithvik Dhanjani (Arjun): Rithvik debuted on Indian tele-vision as Jay Khurana in Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. He is currently working in Pavitra Rishta as Arjun and has gained huge recognition among viewers.
He has said his first priority is his acting and if he had not become an actor, he would have liked to be a magician or a choreographer. Before coming to small screen, Rithvik was a choreographer.
• Asha Negi (Purvi): Asha plays the role of Purvi Deshmukh on the longest-running Indian serial, Pavitra Rishta, to be seen on Zee TV. Asha said she comes from a small town, but always dreamt of becom-ing a big star. Starting her career as a model in 2009, she also appeared in various advertisements and did many photo shoots. Her acting career began last year.
Asha and Rithvik have also performed together at a host of events, including the Indian TV awards ceremonies.
• Kinshuk Mahajan (Pintu Singh): Kinshuk Mahajan has pre-viously played the lead role in Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai as Ranvir Rajvansh. This was Kinshuk’s real claim to fame, as he was widely recognised for his brilliant acting.
As a teenage boy he played a small role in a Hindi film, Delhi Heights. He also acted in the serial Dhoom Machaao Dhoom where he played the role of Adiraj.
In 2010 he joined the cast of Chand Chupa Badal Mein, where he played the lead role as Viren Sood, opposite Neha Sargam.
He is currently playing the lead role as Pintu Singh on Zee TV’s Afsar Bitiya.
• Ashish Sharma (Ranveer): Ashish started his acting career with Dibakar Banerjee’s movie Love Sex Aur Dhokha. After the movie he bagged a role in Gunahon Ka Devta and then gained popularity with his role in Chandragupta Maurya.
After being involved in theatre and street plays he moved to Mumbai to become an actor.
Rab Se Sona Ishq is Indian television’s first cross-continental show. Ashish plays the role of a flamboyant and dream-driven character, Ranveer.
• Imran Aslam: The Pakistan-born singer relocated to South Africa some years back. He represented South Africa in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa competition. He is now enjoying being a businessman and a family man who sings, and he is backed by The Bollywood Showband.
• Shows take place on Friday at Durban City Hall at 8pm and Sunday at Carnival City, Big Top Arena, at 5.30pm. Tickets range from R120 to R500, with limited VIP seats available. Book at Compu-ticket.For more information contact Showtime Promotions at 031 823 4220. – supplied and additional info from Wikipedia
• WIN! WIN! WIN!
To stand a chance to win one of five double tickets to The Dynamic TV Stars with the Bollywood Showband in Durban, SMS “Dynamic DN” and your name to 33963 before 9am tomorrow. SMSes are charged at R1.50 and winners will be notified telephonically.