CAPE TOWN - Property investor RDI REIT has announced the appointment of Gavin Tipper as its new chairman following Greg Clarke's decision to step down in December 2017.
Following notice of Greg Clarke’s intentions, the Board of RDI appointed an executive search firm that done a comprehensive search and an assessment of both internal and external candidates.
According to the company, Gavin Tipper was the most suitable person to act as the future Chairman of the RDI REIT.
"Following an extensive selection process, we are very pleased to have appointed Gavin to the role of non-executive Chairman and believe his strong knowledge of the Company and deep market experience will be of great benefit in ensuring the Board operates effectively as it focuses on executing its strategy", said Michael Farrow, who led the Nominations Committee process.
“On behalf of the Board, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Greg for his leadership of the Board, helping transform the business into a leading income-focused REIT.”
Here is some more information about Tipper:
1. Tipper was an existing non-executive director of the company, having joined the board in 2011.
2. Between 1984 -1987, He received his Bachelor of Commerce and Accounting degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
3. Between 1999 - 2000, Tipper received his MBA from the University of Cape Town.
7.Mr. Tipper was previously employed as a Non-Executive Director by Interwaste Holdings Ltd.
8. He also served on the board at Comparex Holdings Ltd., CoroCapital Ltd. and Corohedge Capital Ltd.
9. Gavin Tipper brings significant experience and expertise in relation to corporate governance and stakeholder engagement to the role.
10. He has been involved in the financial services industry for over 25 years.
Follow Business Report on Instagram here
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE