7 things you need to know today
Share this article:
Good morning. This is all the latest business news that you need to know today.
1. FNB has a new travel portal and you can use your eBucks
FNB has added a new feature to its eBucks platform, eBucks Travel where customers can hire a car and book flights online.
2. Investec profits surge to R11 billion
Outgoing Investec chief executive Stephen Koseff reported a 5.6 percent surge in operating profits to R11.82 billion for the year to end March in his last results for the company.
3. Robben Island is going solar
A state-of-the-art microgrid system was recently installed on Robben Island by solar energy firm SOLA Future Energy to reduce the island's reliance on costly diesel power.
4. Zimbabwe lands R1.9 billion for airport from China
Zimbabwe has signed an R1.9bn loan agreement with China’s Eximbank to expand its international airport in the capital Harare.
5. Eskom to freeze bonuses and pay increases
The power utility reportedly said that any internal job transfers within Eskom will not include a salary increase.
6. 75 000 jobs to created in IT sector over 3 years
The Jobs Summit initiative has reportedly signed an agreement with the Information Technology Association (ITA) to provide 75 000 jobs in the IT sector over the next three years.
7. 35 developments in the pipeline for Cape Town CBD
According to the Cape Town Central City Improvement District annual year in review report, there are major developments in the pipeline for Cape Town CBD.