CAPE TOWN - Moneypod, a UK-based credit broker has revealed new data that shows who the highest paid world leaders are in 2018.
"Our map of the Highest Paid World Leaders shows that the Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong makes over three times the amount of the second highest earning world leader in Hong Kong’s Carrie Lam, pocketing a huge $1.7m per year", said the company in a statement.
" The UK’s Prime Minister Theresa May earns a reported $186,000, compared to Donald Trump’s $400,000 per annum although he only accepts $1 of his salary.
Norway’s Prime Minister Erna Solberg earns only $100,000 more than the average Norwegian worker due to country’s high average national income".
Here is a list of the top 5 highest paid world leaders:
1. Lee Hsien Loong - Prime Minister of Singapore - ($1,717,000) (R22,657,188.60)
2. Carrie lam - Chief Executive of Hong Kong - ($578,000) (R7,624,669.66)
3. Doris Leuthard - President of Switzerland - ($402,000) (R5,304,108.60)
4. Donald Trump - President of the United States of America ($400,000) (R5,275,720.00)
5. Malcolm Turnbull - Prime Minister of Australia ($386,000) (R5,090,212.88)
"Due to his reported holdings in many private businesses, Russia’s Vladimir Putin comes out on top when it comes to the World’s Wealthiest Leaders with an estimated fortune of $40 billion", said Moneypod.
"Despite North Korea’s national average salary coming in a $1,100 per annum, Leader Kim Jong-Un is said to have a private wealth of over $5B, coming from him using state held assets as his personal wealth fund", said Moneypod.
Here is a list of the top 5 wealthiest world leaders:
1. Vladimir Putin - President of Russia - ($40 billion) (R527 billion)
2. Maha Vajiralongkorn - King of Thailand - ($30 billion) (R395 billion)
3. Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan - President of the United Arab Emirates - ($23 billion) (R303 billion)
4. Hassanal Bolkiah - Sultan of Brunei - ($20 billion) (R263 billion )
5.Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - King of Saudi Arabia - ($17 billion) (R223 billion)
South Africa’s president Cyril Ramaphosa earns a salary of R3.6 million ($270,000), which puts him in 6th place among the top 10 highest paid leaders in the world.
Ramaphosa has an estimated net worth of R6.4 billion ($480 million).
Follow Business Report on Instagram here
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE