SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter announced that it will be changing treatment towards verification of accounts, and will unverify some users if their behavior does not fall within its new guidelines.
Twitter Support account said that it acknowledges that verification comes across as endorsement and that the social network’s treatment of verification has led to this.
After the announcement, Twitter began revoking the verified status of some accounts.
For example, White supremacists Richard Spencer and Jason Kessler are among the users who no longer have a blue checkmark displayed on their profiles.
These are the reasons that will lead to your blue badge being removed:
1. Intentionally misleading people with information Twitter.
2. Promoting hate and/or violence against, directly attacking or threatening other people racially, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.
3.Supporting organizations or individuals that promote the above.
4. Inciting or engaging in harassment of others.
5. Violence and dangerous behavior.
6. Directly or indirectly threatening or encouraging any form of physical violence against an individual or any group of people, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
7. Violent, gruesome, shocking, or disturbing imagery.
8. Self-harm, suicide.
9. Engaging in activity on Twitter that violates twitter rules.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE