20 essential albums for those lockdown blues
Pablo Casals once said that music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart. You could not have been anymore correct.
With Mzansi on lockdown, the way we stay entertained has changed. Going to your favourite restaurant for a delicious meal or to your neighbourhood park for fresh air just isn’t an option right now. So when your favourite series on TV hits its finale season, what do you do?
Well thats easy, music is known to help people across the world out of some sticky situations and this lockdown is no exception.
Here is a list of the top 20 essential albums to help keep you dancing on your lounge floor while we get through this lockdown.
Whether you want to dance to something while cleaning, need something to pick you up or help you relax, the IOL Entertainment team have put this list together that spans over decades and genres.
- "Frank" - Amy Winehouse
- "K.T.S.E". - Tatyana Taylor
- "Songs in the Key of Life" - Stevie Wonder
- "Soul Queen" - Aretha Franklin
- "Self Titled" - Beyoncé
- "Future Sex/Love Sounds" - Justin Timberlake
- "thank u, next" - Ariana Grande
- "Scorpion Kings" - Kabza De Small x DJ Maphorisa
- "Pulse" - Toni Braxton
- "Back to Black" - Amy Winehouse
- "Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack Album" - Various Artist
- "The Life of Pablo" - Kanye West
- "Something to Feel" - Mac Ayres
- "R.E.D (Romance, Expression, Dance)" - Tiwa Savage
- "The Lion King: The Gift" - Beyoncé featuring various artists
- "Love, Marriage & Divorce" - Toni Braxton and Babyface
- "Isphithipithi" - Samthing Soweto
- "The Colour of You" - Alina Baraz
- "Volume 20" - Joyous Celebration
- "Glory in His Presence" - Benjamin Dube