Cape Town's music gathering celebrating individualism and diversity, Huawei KDay ,will take place in Meerendal Wine Estate in Durbanville tomorrow.
Music acts include the best of local music artists such as Mi Casa, AKA, Matthew Mole, Shekhinah, Timo ODV, Locnville, Craig Lucas, Youngsta CPT, Jimmy Nevis, DJ Kent, Gangs of Ballet and Freshly Ground.
Catering for the whole family, the event provides a great day out in the sun, perfect for dancing and showcasing your best festival attire. What you wear is key and dressing for comfort is recommended.
Fashion lovers are encouraged to dress to impress and go out of their way to add details such as flower crowns, dramatic sunglasses and colourful umbrellas.
Picking the right outfit is essential. Whether you’re a daring fashion leader or a plain Jane, the festival fashion for Huawei KDay should get pulses racing.
Sherlin Barends from Kfm Mornings shares some of her style tips for dressing for the day:
* The best way to plan an outfit for Huawei KDay is to take your own personal style and mix it with something bohemian or rock ’* ’ roll.
It's all about taking your regular style and pushing it to the next level.
You can’t go wrong with denim shorts, a band T-shirt, cool sunglasses, a leather jacket and ankle boots.
Huawei KDay outfit dos and don'ts:
* Do: Bring a giant-brimmed hat and big sunglasses, it’s hot in the winelands.
* Do: Pack sunscreen, water bottles, comfortable shoes - being stylishly prepared means not worrying about the basic necessities.
* Don’t: Wear high heels, rather opt for sneakers or sandals, you will be on your feet most of the day.
* Do: Sport accessories with glitter and flowers, they will make for beautiful social media posts.
* Don’t: Reveal too much skin; be stylish and tasteful, this is a family-friendly event.
The event returns to the picturesque Meerendal Wine Estate tomorrow, a perfect backdrop for the 13-hour music festival featuring some of South Africa’s well-loved musical acts. Book at Computicket.
Follow the event on social media using the following hashtags:@HuaweiZA @Kfmza
Are children allowed at the event? They are most welcome. #HuaweiKDay offers great value entertainment for the whole family.
What am I allowed to bring? Cameras, blankets, picnics and folding chairs.
What am I not allowed to bring? You are not allowed to bring drugs, weapons or sharp objects, your own alcohol, gazebos or braais.
May I bring a cooler box/picnic basket? Cooler boxes and picnic baskets are allowed, but they will be searched to ensure there is no alcohol, glass, tins, sharp objects or weapons.
Will there be food and refreshments sold? There will be a cash bar and food vendors.
Will there be pass-outs if I’ve forgotten something? Once you are inside the venue, we will not allow pass-outs.
* Visit http://www.kfm.co.za for more info.