Vegetable juice recipe: Ageless Cocktail
- 1 apple
- 4 medium carrots
- 3 Sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 beet, including the tops
- 1/4 head cabbage
- Thoroughly wash the apple, carrot, parsley, spinach, beet and cabbage.
- Cut the apple and vegetables small enough to fit into your juicer and juice.
- Stir well to blend.
The juicy benefits are:
- One of cabbage’s best health perks is protecting and strengthening your digestive tract.
- Being a green vegetable, cabbage juice is high in mineral content which helps in making the skin stronger, and its high dose of Vitamin C boosts immunity.
- It is believed that the carrot originated some 5000 years ago in Middle Asia.
- Raw carrot juice is loaded with a host of 'anti-disease' beauties, including vitamins B, C, D, E, K, folic acid and the anti-cancer king beta-carotene.
- As well as an amazing ability to strengthen the immune system and fight cancer cells, carrots also have the incredible power to improve eyesight.
- On the mineral front carrots contain potassium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, chromium, magnesium, silica, chlorine and sulphur.
- It's hard for the body to extract all the goodness from the hard raw fibres of carrots which is what makes juicing them so appealing.
- Parsley is a great natural diuretic, making it a wonder-herb for lowering blood pressure, and helping flush the body of excess toxins.
- Parsley has been shown to suppress over-stimulated immune systems, helping fight against allergies, autoimmune and chronic inflammatory disorders.
- And if that's not enough, it's also one of the richest food sources of vitamin C.
- Note: do not take large doses of parsley if you are pregnant because it is a uterine stimulant.
- Beetroot juice is one of the most valuable juices for helping to build up the red corpuscles of the blood and tone up the blood generally.
- It is also rich in carotenoids, the anti-cancer king, contains plenty of vitamin C and the magnificent mineral manganese which helps brain function, bones and sugar metabolism.