Just when you think there isn't anything more you can do with Rooibos, along comes this recipe for Rooibos Liquor.
Rooibos is can also help you get the perfect serve.
While most cocktails are often packed with just as many calories as a doughnut, swapping calorie-rich ingredients for Rooibos – which contains no sugar or carbohydrates – offers not only a great slimming alternative but also the perfect drink with that great SA Rooibos flavour.
- 750ml Brandy
- 2 cloves
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 750ml strong, hot Rooibos
- 600g white sugar (750ml)
- 25ml honey
- Add cloves and cinnamon to the brandy, shake the bottle and allow it to infuse overnight
- Heat sugar and Rooibos tea over moderate heat until sugar has dissolved
- Boil uncovered for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in honey
- Remove cloves and cinnamon from the brandy
- Add the brandy to the tea syrup and mix well
- Pour into sterilized bottles and seal