- 70 g selection of fresh microgreen herbs; a good mix would be coriander, mustard, beetroot and rocket.
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 100 g finely grated Parmesan or pecorino
- 100 g pine nuts or pine kernels (flaked almonds can be substituted as a cheaper and delicious alternative)
- Salt and pepper
- Place the microgreens, butter, olive oil, garlic and Parmesan into a blender.
- Roast the pine nuts for a few minutes until a light golden colour, then cool slightly, just before adding to the blended ingredients to ensure a fresh, roasted flavour.
- Blend until the correct consistency of a thick spreadable paste is reached.
- Store in an airtight, sterilised container in the fridge.