Makes: 12 cupcakes
Oven temperature: 180 deg C
For the cupcake
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml sugar
- 250 ml flour
- 30 ml cocoa powder
- 5 ml baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 125 ml milk
- 100 ml oil
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 100 ml STAFFORDS chocolate chips truffles
- 200 ml STAFFORDS dark chocolate disks
- 100 ml cream
- 80 ml cake crumbs
- 80 ml coconut
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- 200 ml STAFFORDS dark chocolate
- 80 ml cream
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, then add the milk oil and vanilla essence.
- Mix together until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 c for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Allow to cool
- Heat the cream in a small pot until hot but not boiling, remove from the heat, add the chocolate and allow it to melt into the cream, add the cake crumbs and enough coconut to form small balls, roll the balls and then coat in cocoa.
- For the icing, heat the cream, until hot but not boiling, remove from the heat and add the chocolate, allow it to melt into the cream, let it cool to firm up and use it to ice the cupcakes.
- Top the cupcake with the truffles and chocolate chips.