Asian marinated Stir-fried beef with lightly crunchy baby vegetables, mushrooms, and peppers
- 500g rump steak, thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 red chilli pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 2 tbs of Flora Regular
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500g fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 250g of snow peas, sliced in half, lengthways
- 250g baby corn, sliced into 4, lengthways
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chilli pepper, sugar and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the beef, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large wok over medium-high heat melt the margarine, add the beef and cook, stirring until cooked through (3-5 minutes)
- Remove the beef from the wok and set aside.
- Allow the liquid in the pan to reduce until thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and spring onions and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the snow peas, baby corn and bell pepper and continue cooking until all the vegetables are crisp but tender (2 minutes).
- Return the beef to the wok and toss to combine. Serve with noodles or basmati rice.
Couscous with diced tomato with chopped spring onion and parsley.
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups of hot water (not boiling)
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- 3 tbs Flora Gold
- 1½ cups cocktail Rosa tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup of chopped spring onions
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the couscous in a large bowl.
- Add the Flora Gold.
- Melt the vegetable bouillon in the hot water.
- Stir the water into the couscous, cover and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork, and stir in the herbs and tomatoes and adjust the seasoning.
- 6. Serve on a large platter or in a bowl and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs.