For the Flapjacks:
- 1 packet Sasko Flapjack Bake Mix
- 2 Extra-large eggs
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- 550ml Milk
- Oil for frying
For the Bake:
- 250g Blueberry Jam (If you can’t find blueberry jam, you can use any other berry jam)
- 5 Extra-large eggs
- 1 cup Cream
- 2 cups Milk
- 160ml Castor sugar
80g fresh blueberries and whipped cream/pouring cream
- Make the flapjacks as per the instructions on the Flapjack Bake Mix packet.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool.
- Grease a 34cm by 24cm rectangular or similar sized, high-sided, baking dish.
- Spread a little jam over each flapjack and layer them across the dish like dominos.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and castor sugar until the sugar has dissolved and pour over the flapjacks.
- Allow to sit for 45 minutes so that the flapjacks can absorb the custard.
- Preheat the oven to 180* C.
- Bake the flapjack bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 50 minutes -1 hour. (Cooking time may vary depending on the size and type of baking dish you use, you will know when the bake is cooked as it will have risen slightly and the custard in the centre will be set and no longer liquid – to check: use a spoon and press down gently in the centre of the bake and if some liquid custard emerges then it needs to be cooked for longer.)
- Serve warm with fresh berries and cream.
Recipe supplied by Sasko