Makes 12 pieces
- 12 pack chicken braai pack
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup of Maizena corn flour
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tsp Chilli paste
- ¼ Cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Chopped spring onion
- In a bowl mix Maizena, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken pieces on the dry corn flour mix, remove place on a dish
- Add approx. 60ml water to remaining Maizena to make a batter
- In a deep saucepan add a generous amount of oil on a medium heat until the oil temperature reaches 175 C / 347 F.
- Dip floured chicken piece into the Maizena batter right before carefully placing in the oil, fry for 3-5 minutes in small batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Take out the done chicken and place them onto some kitchen paper while frying the remaining chicken pieces.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and bring to the boil, remove from the heat
- Deep-fry the chicken again when the oil temperature reaches 175 C until the batter is golden and crisp.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce completely and serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds or spring onion.