This is a perfect balance between a breakfast treat and taste of rum, it puts a twist in your everyday morning routine. It's the perfect weekend treat!
- Rum coffee french toast
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup rum
- ¼ cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 8-10 white sliced bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp finely ground coffee
- Bitters Maple Syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp Angostura aromatic bitters or Angostura orange bitters
- Whisk cream, eggs, rum, coffee, sugar and salt in a shallow dish.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Dip bread slices a few at a time in egg mixture, fully saturating both sides of bread. Lightly coat pan with butter.
- Fit two or three slices of bread in pan; cook about 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread and egg batter.
- Serve with Angostura bitters maple syrup.