- 250g Snowflake Easymix vanilla muffin
- 200ml cooking oil
- 250ml milk or water
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 750ml (400 g) icing sugar, sifted
- 45ml cocoa powder sifted
- 100ml water
- 45ml butter or margarine
- 500ml (160g) desiccated coconut
- Place premix into a mixing bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs, oil and milk together.
- Add to premix and mix with a whisk until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon mixture into a lined and greased 18 x 27 cm rectangular pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in pan for a few minutes. T
- Turn out and cut into squares.
- Mix icing sugar, cocoa powder and water together in a medium, heavy-based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until sugar has melted.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- While still warm, dip cake squares in syrup, but do not soak.
- Roll squares in a thick layer of coconut.
- Place onto a wire rack to set.
- 125g softened butter
- 300g sugar
- 2 tsp. almond essence
- 4 eggs
- 330g flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 190ml milk
- 375ml water
- 60g butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. coffee granules
- 250ml fresh cream
- 4 tsp. almond essence
- 500g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven 180°C. Grease and line square muffin tins. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and almond essence.
- Fold in dry ingredients with milk. Pour batter into the tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in the fridge. Cut into squares.
- Heat water and butter.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix until dissolved.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Keep warm until needed.
- Whip cream with almond essence until firm to pipe.
- Put in piping bag with star piping tip.
- Dip squares in icing.
- Roll in coconut.
- Cut in half, horizontally.
- Pipe cream in the middle and sandwich.
- Set in fridge.
* Recipe by: Chanelle Lutchman