CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we've decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) As the coronavirus infections rise globally, it's important to know the difference between fact and fiction during these tough times.
READ MORE: 13 COVID-19 MYTHS DEBUNKED BY DR JULIA TURNER
2) A new testing and triage centre has been opened in Khayelitsha. It is one of 19 other facilities set to open within the province to help ease healthcare demands during the Covid-19 pandemic.
READ MORE: NEW COVID-19 TESTING FACILITY IN KHAYELITSHA
3) The Covid-19 pandemic is affecting 212 countries around the world with global cases over 3.5 million. While this is an alarming figure, it's important to note that the recovery rate is increasing rapidly.
LOOK: GLOBAL COVID-19 INFECTION VS RECOVERY RATE
4) The South African National Parks (SANParks) announced that all national parks will remain closed during the national level four lockdown period.
READ MORE: NATIONAL PARKS TO REMAIN CLOSED DURING LEVEL 4 LOCKDOWN
5) French researchers are looking at nicotine to help decrease the infection rate of Covid-19 patients, following a study conducted in Paris at the Pitié-Salpêtrière hospital where 483 patients were infected.
READ MORE: COULD NICOTINE HELP PREVENT COVID-19 INFECTIONS?