Today’s children are being born with an incredible amount of energy vibrating at a high frequency.
While this is indeed necessary to heal and change our world, these children often do not have the life skills or tools to help them direct or manage this energy.
There has been an increase in the number of children suffering from sensorial dysfunction, ADD/ADHD, learning difficulties, dyspraxia, dyslexia, low and high muscle tone and autism, to name a few.
Children are becoming more and more conscious, with media-provoked body issues surfacing far earlier than we’d care to admit, and depression and anxiety becoming more and more prevalent.
Suzie Manson founder of Yoga4Kids says yoga can help with the stress and change.
"Yoga or yoga therapy and mindfulness and well-being practices can help our children to counter these stressors. Yoga practices allow children to easily change state, learning how to move into a place of peacefulness, balance and calm at will" says Manson.
Manson's yoga poses for kids:
- Stand up straight with your arms hanging gently at your sides.
- Shift your weight into your right leg.
- Place your left foot against your right calf or inner thigh (never on the knee!).
- Slowly lift your arms up into prayer position, or high above you like the branches of a tree.
- Keep your belly strong and your eyes focused ahead of you.
- Repeat on the other leg.
Benefits: Stimulates the left and right hemispheres of the brain and trains focus and balance. Plus it stretches the upper body.
Cat or Cow Pose
Repeat as often as you like.
- Come onto all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders you’re your knees under your hips. Your palms are pushed into the floor and your fingers are wide.
- Keep your feet parallel behind you.
- Breathe in and point your nose up to the sky, making a deep arch with your back and meowing like a kitty cat. Tuck your tummy, round your back, tuck your chin and moo like a cow.
Benefits: Its calming, increases spine flexibility and releases tension in the back