DURBAN - From April 17, some sectors have been given permission to resume work however the alcohol and cigarette industries are not permitted to make a comeback until April 30, to the dismay of many South Africans.
These services were added to the essential services list :
• Oil refineries
• Suppliers who provide goods to essential services
• Mechanics (essential service)
• Plumbers (essential service)
• Electricians (essential service)
• Locksmiths (essential service)
• Roof repairers (essential services)
• Call centres providing a service internationally
• Insurance and finance querie call centres
• Employees of the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC)
• IT professionals
During the briefing schools were mentioned to be opening soon however there were no exact dates given.
Other amendments to the National lockdown allow parents who share joint custody of their children to be able to travel between both parents’ homes, while neighbourhood watches were banned from patrolling.