Hot on the heels of styling the Miss USA pageant finalists, celebrated global stylist and CHI ambassador, Anna Cantu, visited the shores of South Africa to share her haircare and styling tips at an event hosted by Glamit – exclusive South African distributors of CHI.
Media, bloggers and celebrities were given a glimpse behind the curtain into the world of high-profile hair with a live styling workshop by Cantu, featuring Smile FM breakfast DJ, Lindy Hibbard; Qaanita Abrahams, the founder and owner of On Q Make-up and fashion blogger, Chelsea Arendse.
When styling Hibbard, Cantu used the Miss Universe by CHI range of styling tools and product.
To achieve the Miss Universe Glamorous Hair look, Cantu provides the following tips;
• Prep Hair with Miss Universe by CHI Moringa & Macadamia Oil and Miss Universe by CHI Flexible Hold Hairspray
• Section the hair into 4 parts (top, sides and back)
• Staring at the back followed by the remaining sections, curl 1 inch sections with the Miss Universe by CHI 1” Titanium Curling Iron. Pin the curls to cool and set for 5 minutes
• Release curls and gently break up with your fingers
• Tease hair at the roots, creating volume and lift at the crown.
• Create a deep side part pulling all hair to one side. Pin at the nape of the neck to hold in place.
• Next, spray with Miss Universe by CHI Firm Hairspray to set the style.
• Finish with Miss Universe by CHI Spotlight Shine Spray.