The Heavenly Spa at the Westin is definitely one of the best-appointed spas in Cape Town.
Located on the top floor of the Westin Hotel, the Heavenly Spa offers panoramic views over Cape Town city and the Atlantic ocean.
Being mid-winter I chose to treat my skin to a hydrating facial to boost hydration levels.
Using Babor products from Germany, which were developed 60 years ago, many of the ingredients come from the natural world of plants and are obtained from fair-trade sources and organically grown.
Each facial is customised according to skin type using products that include specialised boosters and serums containing active peptides.
The treatment begins cleansing, exfoliating and extraction under a gentle steam.
After this, a hydrating oil is applied using pressure point movements, followed by a hydrating massage balm which is applied using gentle movements to promote lymphatic drainage. A moisturising cream mask is left on the skin for 10 minutes.
Finally, a super-hydrating day cream and eye cream are applied to leave the skin feeling soft, and hydrated.
The hydrating facial is perfect for skin that needs hydration and suppleness, transforming dull, lack-lustre skin to hydrated, glowing skin.
This treatment is 100% customised to your skin type and specific needs. My therapist identified that I needed to improve my skin hydration, and general signs of stress (I have two young children and work full-time!).
The treatment is luxury from start to finish. As the mask was being applied, I enjoyed a luxurious hand and feet massage that made the entire experience even more relaxing and pampering.
I would recommend this treatment to anyone whose skin needs hydration and is generally stressed.
My skin was glowing and the following morning and it looked as though I'd been on a holiday!
- Consultation – one-on-one focusing on existing skincare regimen
- Skin analysis and cleansing
- Steam – direct steam to the face to soften black/whiteheads
- Exfoliation – rub away dead skin cells using an exfoliator
- Extraction – remove black and whiteheads
- Massage – to relax and stimulate facial muscles
- Mask – a specialised mask targeted to the individual’s skin type
- Final application – apply toner, serum, moisturizer and sunscreen to the face
- Deep cleansing and hydrating
- Removes dead skin cells
- Firms skin and softens fine lines