Africa’s only menswear-focused platform, SA Menswear Week (#SAMW) recently took place in Cape Town. Designers presented their spring and summer collections to buyers, fashionistas and trend forecasters. Here are our top 5 S/S’17 trends you need to know.
Crossbody Bags by ALC MAN: Picture by Simon Deiner / SDR Photo
1. Crossbody Bags by ALC MAN: A 70s hippie favourite, the crossbody or sling bag show are making a major comeback. The bag is the right size for your mobile phone and wallet….and they go with just about anything in your wardrobe.
Millennial Pink by Nao Serati. Picture by Simon Deiner / SDR Photo
2. Millennial Pink by Nao Serati: Millennial pink is everywhere at the moment, from runways to glossy magazines, the colour is fast gaining popularity. The dark and bright candy floss coloured exterior is just what you need to give your summer wardrobe a lift.
Statement Jacket by Rosey & Vittor. Picture by Simon Deiner / SDR Photo
3. Statement Jacket by Rosey & Vittor: From embellished to quilted and beaded styles, a statement jacket can transform the simplest of outfits to glam.
Sheer Fabrics by Terrence Bray. Picture by Simon Deiner / SDR Photo
4. Sheer Fabrics by Terrence Bray: Sheer fabrics are transparent and will keep you cool during the hot summer months. Wearing sheer fabrics such as delicate chiffon, mesh and lace will add a feminine and sultry statement in your summer look.
Print-on-Print by Tokyo James. Picture by Simon Deiner / SDR Photo
5. Print-on-Print by Tokyo James :This is one trend I will never get tired of. Eye popping prints worn together stay fashionable in all seasons. Mix and match clashing prints or wear separates in the same print...either way, bold prints will turn heads.