If you’re feeling like your wardrobe could use a makeover this spring, have a look at Marique Yssel’s handful of helpful tips on how one essential piece - the 2 piece shirt dress – can get you through the season.
The best part? You won’t have to break the bank either as you’ll be able to use items you already own to freshen up your look.
1. Less can be more: Wear the dress as is - a smart belted dress with an underdress. Play around with opening and closing the buttons for great movement and contrast between textures. Add a pair of sandals and an accessory or two, and you’re good to go.
2. Be unexpected: For a day out on the town or casual Fridays at the office, layer the dress as a tunic over a pair of your favourite denim, choose a skinny leg with shorter length or roll up longer jeans to show off your shoes. If you’re headed into the evening, dress it up with a pair of heels.
3. Go casual: Wear the dress over leggings with comfy flats or sneakers for an effortless look.
4. Wear as an LBD: Let the underdress speak for itself by wearing it on its own. For extra allure, add statement jewellery.
5. Layer it: Make the most of both dress pieces by unbuttoning the top layer to double as a kimono over the underdress. Add a long dangling jewellery item with comfortable flats to create a bohemian look.
6. Break it up: Remix the dress by wearing a wide skirt over it to make it appear as if you’re wearing a shirt and a top.
The Marique Yssel 2 piece shirt dress is available for R899.00 on the brand’s website, www.mariqueyssel.co.za.