Three cars up in flames in Cape Town
Share this article:
Three Cape Town drivers were lucky to escape without serious injury after their cars went up in flames in separate incidents due to electrical wires short-circuiting.
Fire and Rescue spokesman Theo Layne said that at about 10.20pm on New Year’s Eve a car short-circuited and caught fire on the N1 incoming on Table Bay Boulevard. The driver was taken to Somerset Hospital for a “medical condition”.
Two motor vehicles went up in flames on New Year’s Day in separate incidents, each also due to electrical wires short-circuiting.
“When we arrived, we were able to contain the fires in the boot and rear passenger area,” Layne said. “The two main causes of motor vehicle fires are electrical wires short-circuiting and petrol pipe leakage on to the engine.”
In July 2013 a Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster burst into flames on Kloof Road just above Camps Bay. - Cape Argus