Angola monitors five despite testing negative for Covid-19
Rustenburg - The government of Angola will continue to monitor five people suspected to have been infected with Covid-19, even though the tests were negative, Angola media reported.
Jornal de Angola reported that the five were two Angolan citizens of 41- and 47-years-old, a Portuguese-Angolan of 46, a Portuguese of 69 and a French citizen of 55.
Secretary of state for public health Franco Mufinda told the publication that of the 57 people quarantined in the Calumbo Centre, 31 were discharged on Friday because they had completed 14 days of isolation, without showing any symptoms and because all the results had been negative.
Munfinda said that the restrictions imposed on countries such as China, Italy, Iran and South Korea continue, as they were registering more cases of infection and death caused by Covid-19.
The country has no confirmed case of Covid-19.
African News Agency