eSwatini confirms first coronavirus case
MBABANE - eSwatini (Swaziland) has registered its first confirmed novel coronavirus (COVID-19) case, according to the country's health ministry.
Health Minister Lizzie Nkosi said the case was confirmed on Friday. A 33-year-old woman who returned from the United States at the end of February, and then travelled to Lesotho before going home to eSwatini, was currently in isolation.
"She came back on March 7 and was later seen by a private doctor who took a sample for laboratory testing on March 11. The test was confirmed positive in a South African laboratory. The patient is stable and has been taken for isolation and monitoring," Nkosi said.
People who were in contact with the woman were being traced. Nkosi said two other suspected cases reported earlier this week had been found to be negative. The country was waiting for the laboratory results of 12 other suspected cases.African News Agency