Cape Town - The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) on Friday confirmed that the mortal remains of Private Nomathemba Ngeleka who was allegedly killed by her ex-boyfriend while on active duty in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) last week, will return home on Friday.
In a statement, SANDF spokesperson Brigadier General Mafi Mgobozi said: "Following a tragic suicide incident resulting to a loss of life in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on Friday evening, 27 October 2017, the mortal remains of the slain Private Nomathemba Ngeleka will arrive in South Africa on Friday, 03 November 2017.
"The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) will hand over the mortal remains to the family during the ceremony that will be held at Air force Base Waterkloof on Saturday, 04 November 2017 at 10h00."
The 27-year-old Ngeleka from KwaZulu-Natal was allegedly shot dead by her ex-boyfriend, a fellow peacekeeper, from Rustenburg, while they were both at camp in the Eastern DRC.
Her alleged killer was in a critical condition in a Goma hospital after trying to commit suicide after the incident.
Mgobozi has said the motive behind the shooting was not yet known.