CAPE TOWN- With confirmed positive cases rising everyday by the hundreds in South Africa, some welcomed news has come from the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) health department that four patients have fully recovered.
KZN Health MEC Nomagugu Simelane-Zulu revealed that four of the first ten coronavirus cases in South African have made full recoveries- including a 79-year old man.
Last week ‘patient zero’ or the first South African to test positive for Covid-19, and one other patient were cleared of the virus and returned home.
There has also been an update from the group of South African citizens flown in from Wuhan, China. The national Department of Health said that the group of over 100 people who were in quarantine Ranch Resort in Limpopo for 10 days have all tested negative for Covid-19.
The department said that the group will soon be released.
Earlier today Minister of Health Dr Zwelini Mkhize announced that South Africa’s cases spiked to 402. This increasing yesterday’s total by 128.
The nation now eagerly awaits President Cyril Ramaphosa’s address on Monday evevening on how the government will implement measures to mitigate the impact of the Coronavirus.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor