Cape Town -
An Australian accused of sexually assaulting two Cape Town boys has opted not to apply for bail.
The 72-year-old man, who has been living in Sea Point, appeared in the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court last week.
According to the charge sheet he is accused of sexually assaulting two 12-year-olds.
His lawyer, Asghar Mia, said his client would not bring a bail application but reserved his right to bring one at a later stage.
At the last appearance Mia had received documentation relating to his client which included an international warrant.
Mia said he had managed to investigate the warrant and had consulted his client who had then elected not to bring the bail application.
He requested a postponement to June 11.
The State is waiting for crime scene photographs and has asked for a postponement to a later date.
The man was remanded to June 13. He remains in custody until then and is being kept in the hospital section of the prison.