Cape Town-08-17-2012:Crime Police officer looking cluse on the Wandy house Yanga Tshefu 28 who was shot dead in the early house Friday morning while he was sleeping with his girlfriend and their chilid in their Wendy house in Khayelitsha ,Makaza.Picture Mlondolozi.Mbolo reporter Venecia

A young policeman was shot dead in bed just moments after he made love to his girlfriend.

Yanga Tshefu, 27, was lying with his lover when three unknown gunmen suddenly kicked down the door of his Khayelitsha shack in the early hours of the morning.

The stunned officer tried to sit up in bed – but one of the men shot him in the stomach in front of his screaming girlfriend.

He was rushed to hospital, but died of his injuries shortly after 5am on Friday morning.

Neighbours say the couple were last heard having sex at around 3am in his shack before the shooting occurred.

“Nothing seemed wrong at all,” one neighbour - who did not want to be identified - told the Daily Voice.

“Yanga and his girlfriend were having sex just before we heard the gunshot. We ran out and thought someone was shot in the street.”

The victim’s devastated family say they have no idea why Yanda was murdered in such a brutal fashion.

“It’s so confusing, he didn’t say anything about people wanting to kill him,” the young cop’s aunt Babalwa Mtshazi told the Daily Voice.

“All we know is that three men rammed down his door and shot him.”

The victim leaves behind two young children, a four-year-old girl and a baby boy, just seven months old.

Police are determined to hunt down their colleague’s cowardly killers.

But no arrests have yet been made.

Police spokesman Warrant Officer November Filander tells the Daily Voice: “A 27-year-old Constable Yanga Tshefu, stationed at Cape Town Cluster Tactical Response Team, was brutally gunned down at his home in Makhaza, Khayelitsha, early this morning

“While the deceased and his girlfriend were asleep at approximately 3.25am, three armed men kicked open the front door of their house and threatened them with firearms.

“They instructed his girlfriend to look down at the floor and then shot Constable Yanga in the stomach.”

Filander added that items were stolen from the shack during the ruthless attack.

“The suspects fled the scene with two cellular phones and a wallet,” he said.

“Constable Yanga was rushed to hospital by family members, but later passed away in hospital. His girlfriend was unharmed in the attack.”

* Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the SAPS’s toll-free number on 08600 10111.