George Louca in the Kempton Park Magistrate's Court. File Photo: Chris Collingridge

Johannesburg - Snazzily dressed in a black jacket, white shirt and jeans, Lolly Jackson murder accused George Louca made an appear-ance on Friday morning at the Kempton Park Magistrate’s Court.

He appeared briefly before magistrate Eric Mhlari, who postponed the matter to March 26.

This was after Louca told the court that he was still consulting with his new legal representative.

The court heard on Friday morning that attorney Owen Blumberg would not represent Louca on the matter.

Blumberg confirmed this minutes before being excused.

Mhlari informed him that he was entitled to legal representation in the form of legal aid.

However Louca said he would only inform the court at a later stage whether he would need legal aid.

Louca was in and out of court in 15 minutes, with Special Task Force members keeping watch over the courtroom.

The State told the court that the faces of the force members were not to be captured on camera or televised during proceedings.

Speaking outside court, Jackson’s brother Costa said he wanted answers from Louca about what really happened on the night his brother died.

“I still want to talk to him.

“I feel like grabbing him and asking him what really happened,” said Costa.

“I know he was not the trigger man. I just want him to tell the truth.

“He has too much at stake, I believe he will talk,” he said.

Costa said the family were tired of the continuous postponements.

“It’s been four years already. We just want answers so that we can move on with our lives.

“I believe he was paid (to kill my brother),” said Costa.

He said he did not know who exactly paid Louca or how he came to do this.

Costa told The Star that he had previously seen Louca once or twice at his brother’s club.

“I never spoke to him. I just knew him by seeing him at my brother’s club.”

He said he hoped the court would not grant Louca bail.

Police said there were fears that Louca would flee.

[email protected]

The Star