Kimberley - The trial of a 17-year-old boy accused of murdering a Griquatown farmer and his family will be postponed, the National Prosecuting Authority said on Thursday.
After consultations on Wednesday, Northern Cape Judge President Frans Kgomo, the defence and the prosecuting teams agreed to postpone the case on Monday, October 21, provincial spokeswoman Mashudu Malabi said in a statement.
No reasons were given. The trial would resume in the Kimberley High Court on November 4.
Northern Cape farmer Deon Steenkamp, 44, his wife Christel, 43, and daughter Marthella, 14, were killed on their farm Naauwhoek on April 6 last year.
Malabi said the trial was expected to run for the whole of November, with additional dates in December if needed.