Pretoria - Murder accused paralympian Oscar Pistorius can move around the Pretoria area on specific days and at specific times according to his bail conditions, his PR company said in a statement on Tuesday.
Pistorius was allowed to move around between 8am and 7pm from Mondays to Fridays, between 8am and 2pm on Saturdays, and 6am and 1pm on Sundays, Vuma Reputation Management said in the statement.
“The bail conditions of Oscar Pistorius do not specifically state that he has to report to Pretoria's Brooklyn Police Station,” it said.
The company said Pistorius had met officials at Correctional Services to discuss visitation procedures.
It listed some of his bail conditions, as obtained from the office of magistrate Desmond Nair. These were that:
- The National Prosecuting Authority would facilitate the appointment of a probation officer and a correctional official;
- The probation officer would provide weekly reports to the Prosecuting Authority and Pistorius's defence team about his mental health and emotional state;
- Pistorius would, at his own cost, comply with all requests by the probation officer to consult with professional health care providers;
- He would inform the correctional official of his movements within the district of Pretoria, prior to making any journeys;
- He would obtain permission from the correctional official prior to undertaking any journey outside the district of Pretoria;
- The correctional official could request Pistorius to visit him at a designated place to clarify or co-ordinate any contemplated travel arrangements;
- The correctional official could visit him at any reasonable time of the day or night, to ascertain his well-being and compliance with the conditions; and
- Pistorius would provide the probation officer and correctional official with a cellphone number on which he would be available at any time of the day or night.
Pistorius is accused of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on St Valentine's Day. He has been released on bail of R1 million. - Sapa