South Africans now stand a chance to win R5.8 billion in the US Mega Millions on Lottoland SA
With Lottoland South Africa, South African residents (18+) can now bet online on America’s super-lottery, MegaMillions. At the time of this article going ‘live’, the current payout stands at an incredible R5.8 BILLION. Yes, it’s hard to comprehend exactly how much money that is and what you could do with winnings of this astronomical amount!
The largest MegaMillions jackpot, $1.537 billion, was won on 23 October 2018 by a single ticket that was sold in South Carolina (USA) and claimed by an anonymous winner. This prize, the largest for one set of numbers in world history, was the second largest lottery payout ever, after a Powerball pay-out of $1.586 billion in 2016.
While the official MegaMillions lottery is available to US residents only, with Lottoland South Africa you can place a fixed-odds bet on the outcome of the MegaMillions. A standard game for MegaMillions starts at R50 and draws take place every Wednesday & Saturday at 5am SA time. (Tuesday & Friday night at 11pm ET in the US). If you correctly predict the outcome of the MegaMillions win, you’ll be paid out the same as you would have if you entered the official draw in the USA. So, you will win the exact same main prize values, including the Tier 1 winnings.
On top of that, your payout is guaranteed as Lottoland South Africa is fully licensed and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board. It is also the first and only gaming company in the world to have its own insurance company to guarantee payouts. Winnings are converted into SA Rand and even massive wins - like R5.8 billion - will be paid into your nominated SA bank account. A payout like this will originate from the headquarters of Lottoland SA in Gibraltar, and is a 100% cash injection boost into the South African economy where the local winner will be sure to spend or invest some of his or her huge winnings!
Lottoland SA also offers punters the opportunity to place fixed odds bets on the outcome of many other of the world’s biggest international draws, including the US Powerball and the EuroJackpot. You don’t have to be overseas to place a bet - South Africans can use the Lottoland SA online platform to place fixed odds bets right here, 24/7, from your smart device or desktop computer.
- Fixed odds betting is when you place a bet on lottoland.co.za on the outcome of the numbers that you think will be drawn in a specific local or international draw.
- You can therefore indirectly take part in any of these ‘big win’ international draws, without even being in that country.
- Lottoland does not sell physical tickets - everything is done online.
- If you guess correctly, Lottoland will match the main prizes and pay the same amount to you as the official winning lottery draw pay out.
- Lottoland payouts are guaranteed as the company is registered and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board.
- Winnings are converted into SA Rand and paid out into your nominated bank account in South Africa.
- Visit lottoland.co.za
- Click on the Register button
- Register with / Email / Name / SA ID Number / Mobile / Address
- Click on the Create New Account button
- Once you have successfully registered, choose a product to bet on
- Select your chosen numbers
- You will see next to the green button your stake value
- Click Submit
- If you have a promo code for a product enter this in the Enter discount or Promo box
- Click on confirm and proceed
- Choose your method of payment
- There are 6 options to pay for your bet: Visa / Master Card / Snap Scan / Zapper / 1Voucher / SID EFT
- Note that Capitec Cards do not support betting sites so if you are a Capitec Card Holder you can use SID EFT or alternatively Snap Scan / Zapper / Direct Deposit.
- You can also do a direct deposit, but this will take 24 hours to reflect in our account and will thus only show in your Lottoland account 24 hours after you made the direct deposit.
- How do I claim my winnings? When logged in click on My Account and then on Payout. Click on Add account details ZA.
- Your funds will then be transferred into your account. (Usually within 24 – 72 hours)