Johannesburg - A planned media briefing on the outcomes of the recent African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held over the weekend has been cancelled, the party said on Monday.
The meeting was held between September 29-October 1, 2017.
One of the big issues discussed at the NEC meeting was the future of the KwaZulu-Natal provincial leadership, which was found to be “unlawful and void” by the Pietermaritzburg High Court last month.
ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe had earlier indicated that the NEC was considering to set up a provincial task team to look after the affairs of the disputed provincial leadership.
He added that the NEC would make a final decision on the KZN matter at conclusion of its NEC meeting.
ANC spokesperson Zizi Kodwa, in a brief statement, said the briefing had been cancelled due to various deployments and engagements of the ANC National Leadership
"Alternative arrangements to communicate the decisions of the meeting will be announced in due course. We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused," he said.