In a written parliamentary reply, DA MP and health spokesperson Wilmot James said Zuma's response that he won't take action showed he doesn't care about those who have lost their lives.
“The victims and their family members deserve answers,” James said.
Responding to James’s remarks, spokesperson Joe Maila said Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi had already outlined steps taken in implementing the health ombudsman's recommendations to take action in his budget vote speech last week.
Presidential spokesperson Bongani Ngqulunga could not be reached for comment.
Meanwhile, the DA in Gauteng also thrust the province's healthcare system into the spotlight during a media briefing on Tuesday when it revealed that the Health Department had paid up to R1billion to settle 185 medical negligence cases since January 2015.
Politics and Development