Kirsty Theologo was burnt to death in satanic ritual. Photo: Supplied
Kirsty Theologo was burnt to death in satanic ritual. Photo: Supplied

Satanic ritual survivor goes home at last

By SHAIN GERMANER Time of article published Jan 18, 2012

Share this article:

The 14-year-old Joburg girl who spent almost three months recovering from the satanic ritual that left her critically injured has been discharged from hospital.

Kirsty Theologo, 18, and her younger friend were lured up the mountain near their homes in Townsview.

Kirsty was killed in a brutal incident during which she and her friend were tied down, doused with petrol and allegedly set alight by a group of six young people.

Kirsty’s 14-year-old friend – who cannot be named because of her age – was badly burnt and had to receive numerous skin-graft operations just before the start of the festive season.

After a lengthy stay at Netcare Milpark Hospital, the girl is finally on the mend, back with her family to start her rehabilitation.

A source close to the case told The Star that although she had a limp, she was making good progress in her recovery.

The five young people allegedly responsible for the attack appeared at the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday morning, but an expected transfer of the case to the High Court remained incomplete.

During the in-camera proceedings, it was announced that certain aspects of the indictment needed to be “sorted out” before the case could be transferred to the high court, but details were scarce.

Lindon Wagner, 21, Lester Moody, 18, Jeremy King, 18, Harvey Isha, 23, and Robin Harwood, 18, and a 15-year-old girl, who cannot be identified, stood before the court again, all together for just the second time.

The 15-year-old, who waited in the gallery, kept a deadpan expression before being called to the stand.

All six face a life sentence after being charged with the premeditated murder and attempted murder of

Kirsty and her friend.

The six alleged satanists will appear again at the magistrate’s court on February 2 for the transfer.

Prosecutor Colleen Ryan said the case was set to go ahead on that date.

She speculated that the case would most likely take place in camera, meaning no access by the public, including the families of the accused, because of the age of the victims and one of the accused.

Five of the six accused will remain in jail until the trial, with the 15-year-old still in the custody of her legal guardian. - The Star

Share this article: