Reiger Park - The community of Reiger Park is calling on the department of education to take steps in dealing with allegations of sexual abuse of children in Gauteng schools.
The community gathered outside Reiger Park Secondary School on Monday morning following allegations of sexual abuse by the school's principal.
In videos and images that circulated on social media last week, the school's principal was seen having sex with a pupil. Another video showed the principal and a learner engaged in oral sex.
Officials from the department arrived at the school on Monday morning to launch an investigation into the sex abuse claims.
On Sunday, the Gauteng Department of Education spokesperson Steve Mabona said that they would offer counselling to all victims and later open a criminal case against the principal.
The department also wants the principal to be struck off the roll by the South African Council for Educators (SACE).
"Down with animals... The reality is that what we have seen in videos may not be the reality of what happened," said Ekurhuleni MMC of Human Settlements Lesiba Mpya who was part of the people who had gathered outside the school.
Mpya also said there was a possibility that more of similar incidents had occurred but had not been recorded.
He asked that MEC for Gauteng Education, Panyaza Lesufi, to prioritise the matter.