Cape Town - The N2 incoming at the R300 has been closed after a MyCiti bus was set alight, as the taxi strike which started in Cape Town on Monday caused chaos the city's streets.
A Golden Arrow bus was also set alight earlier on Monday, while buses and private vehicles have been stoned and commuters, police and traffic officials attacked in various incidents across the city.
Police spokesman FC van Wyk on Monday morning confirmed the following incidents:
* N1 at Joostenberg Vlakte and Bloekombos protesters burned tyres to blocked the roads. It was removed by SAPS members roads are opened.
* N2 Borchards Quarry buses thrown with stones. Members on scene.
* Fisantekraal – Pottsdam and Wellington Road –SAPS and Traffic members thrown with stones.
* Du Noon – Buses, SAPS POPS thrown with stones. Members took action using rubber and gas to disperse the crowd
* Delft attack on buses one bus set alight. Also attacked were Traffic and Fire Department members. No injuries reported just damages.