Cape Town - President Jacob Zuma has reshuffled his cabinet for the second time this year.
Zuma on Tuesday announced six changes to his national executive.
Blade Nzimande has been fired as Minister of Higher Education and Training Minister and has been replaced by former Home Affairs Minster Hlengiwe Mkhize.
Ayanda Dldodlo has been moved as Communication Minister to the Minister of Home Affairs. Mmamaloko Kubayi has been appointed as Communication Minister, she was previously the minster of Energy.
Former State Security Minister David Mahlobo has been appointed Minister of Energy.
And a new entry to the cabinet is Advocate Bongani Thomas Bongo as the new State Security Minister.
Buti Manamela moves from the Presidency to deputy minister of Higher Education and Training.
The following changes were made:
1. Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
2. Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
3. Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
4. Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
5. Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
6. Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training.
"I thank the former members of the National Executive for good service in their previous portfolios," Zuma said.
"I wish the members who are assuming new portfolios all the best in their new responsibilities."