ODI series between India and South Africa called off
CAPE TOWN - The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Friday announced that the three-match One Day International (ODI) series between India and South Africa has been called off.
The announcement came in response to ongoing concerns about the Covid-19 (novel Coronavirus) pandemic.
In an initial announcement on Thursday, the BCCI said that the second and third ODIs between India and South Africa will be played behind closed doors.
However, the series has now summarily been called off.
The announcement from Indian cricket authorities follows high on the heels of news that the BCCI also postponed the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The first ODI match of the India/South Africa series in Dharamsala was washed out on Thursday.
Earlier on Friday, Cricket South Africa (CSA) said it has accepted the decision of the Australian Cricket Board (ACB) to postpone the planned inbound tour of the Australian Women’s Team to South Africa for a series of ODI and T20 International matches.