You can now get Fornite on Android and iOS
CAPE TOWN – Epic games announced that Fornite will now be available to download on a compatible device, so users no longer require an invite to play.
Fortnite for Android first launched back in August exclusively for Samsung Galaxy devices, before opening up to more smartphones a few days later. Unlike most Android games, it has its own installer, so you won’t find it in the Google Play store.
You can find step-by-step instructions for getting it up and running right here, though if you’re using an older phone, don’t expect Fortnite to look amazing.
Here is a list of the compatible devices:
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11/ U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z/Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia XZ/Premium, Xzs, XZ1/Compact, XZ2/Premium/Compact, XZ3
If your phone is not on this list, it might still work if users have the following specs:
- OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher, 64 bit
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
Visit Fortnite.com on your Android device to sign up for the Android Beta.
Additionally, If you have an iPhone You too can get the game.
Fortnite on iOS works with:
- 6S Plus
- 7 Plus
- 8 Plus
- Mini 4
- Air 2