If you think you have what it takes to be crowned South Africa’s next top dinner party host then stir things up and enter Come Dine With Me South Africa, which returns to BBC Brit (DStv channel 120), the home of the best and boldest entertainment shows, for its fifth exciting season in early 2019.
Applications to become a contestant are now open to South African residents. Sign up at www.bbcsouthafrica.com by Wednesday, 29 August 2018.
Follow the drama as in each episode four strangers are wined, dined and entertained in each other’s homes in a bid to win the weekly R10 000 prize. While it’s the effort and attention to detail shown in the food, décor, entertainment and overall hosting skills that gets the votes, often the clash of personalities and tastes has a dramatic and hilarious role to play in the outcome of the evening.
The critically acclaimed hit, Come Dine With Me South Africa, will once again be filmed in Gauteng, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban, giving audiences a taste of what each area has to offer.
Season 4 saw a lot of funny moments, scrumptious food, kitchen mishaps and most importantly interesting characters, who had these useful tips for the next set of potential contestants.
- Always be true to yourself – let the audience see the real you, this includes the most colourful parts of your personality.
- Know what makes you different and highlight these aspects of your personality as well as any interesting passions or skills that you have – stand out from the crowd of other show hopefuls.
- If you make it through to the in-person interview stage treat this as you would if you were already on the show and showcase your hosting/ entertaining skills.
- Pick a menu you’ll be comfortable creating, you may try and impress at the interview stage but when it comes to your night you still want to wow your guests with the finished meal.
- Most importantly – relax and have fun!
Hey you, in the peanut gallery—think you got what it takes? It’s time to put your masala where your mouth is and enter #ComeDineSA season 5! Apply here: https://t.co/q5cCQXvSrH pic.twitter.com/6z7GGMA7SA— BBC South Africa (@BBCSouthAfrica) August 1, 2018
Featuring the wry observations of voice-over legend Dave Lamb, entertaining characters, sumptuous cuisine and lekker local humour, Come Dine With Me South Africa season five is looking to be even more exciting than ever with some surprise elements in store for contestants.
#ComeDineSA, www.bbcsouthafrica.com, @BBCBRITSA.