The Light House Boutique Suites has teamed up with Paarl’s award-winning distillery, Wilderer Gin, to stir things up with their special G&Tea Winter Weekends in May, August and September 2018.
Lovers of the ‘good life’ and craft Gin are invited to experience the luxury of a weekend at The Light House, an elegant boutique guest house located in the historic town of Paarl,while savouring a special Gin experience - Wilderer Gin-cocktail options and a live distillation process presentation. Darrol Buckton, The Light House’s General Manager, said they were excited to partner with Wilderer, South Africa's most awarded craft distillery.
“Johan Mönnig, its head distiller will be giving insights into the production and concept of gin, while distilling a batch of The Light House’s own Fynbos gin, LIVE, for all guests to taste and enjoy," he said.
The live distillation presentation will demonstrate all the intricacies involved in making world-class gin and while you are taking it all in, some amazing G&T's, showcasing just how versatile gin can be, not just in summer, but in spring and winter too, will have been prepared for you to sample.
A few samples of the cocktails on offfer:
- Negroni - Wilderer fynbos gin, Campari, Martini Rosso Vermouth, orange slice or peel to garnish
- Pineapple & Curry leaves - Wilderer fynbos gin, fresh curry leaves, pineapple wedge, rounded off with Indian tonic water
- Spiced Apple Warmer - Wilderer fynbos gin, warm Apple juice, cinnamon and star anise
- Hot Gin & Tonic - Wilderer fynbos gin, tonic syrup and boiling water, served with an orange wedge
- Blueberry & Thyme - Wilderer fynbos gin, blueberries, grapefruit and thyme
- Peachy G&T - Wilderer fynbos gin, canned peach slices, peach syrup topped with Indian tonic water
- May 18 to 20
- August 10 to 12
- September 21 to 23.
Note: The weekends are dependent on a minimum booking of three rooms or six persons.
Itinerary for the weekend:
Friday evening will be for guests, in their own time, to explore Paarl’s restaurants;
Saturday:A special Gin ‘experience’ has been developed for guests to enjoy: this will include a participative live distillation experience, three or four different (winter / spring) gin cocktails, and a scrumptious full afternoon tea is part of the Saturday gin experience which will be followed in the evening by an informal light dinner at The Light House.